Sunday, October 16, 2016

Re: [californiadisasters] Death's Head Storm



Chris,

Your town is not where the storm ravaged nor where it came ashore. The storm wobbled to the right as it moved up the coast as storms often do. However, many other places in both the U.S. and Haiti were horribly affected. Forty-six dead in the U.S. and over 1,000 dead in Haiti does not sound like a No-Big-Deal Storm to me. The WX forecasters, emergency managers, and news media were merely playing their role of watchmen blowing the alarm at a clear and present danger approaching. These organs of analysis and information are not omniscient but analyze and inform as best they can with the human limits placed upon them. Weather forecasting has come a long way in a short time but uncertainties nonetheless remain and always shall. The people who died in Hurricane Katrina ignored the forecasters, emergency managers, and news media warnings and died as a result so your counsel about ignoring them is not a great idea. Better to be safe then sorry.

Kimmer


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Matthew

On Sat, Oct 8, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Chris cjc1127@yahoo.com [californiadisasters] <californiadisasters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

I saw it. But, "Death" must like me, because there was no significant damage in my town. :-)  I walked everywhere yesterday morning and all I could see were some downed trees and fences. I know, others are reported to have gotten it worse. This storm didn't even cut my electric. This was the first time in my whole life a hurricane was here, and power stayed on. Generally, you lose electric before a hurricane even makes landfall. It's going to be a TS possibly within the hour, now. The media made Matthew out to be this monster hurricane the likes of which we haven't seen. Well, I've never seen a storm so hyped fizzle so quickly at my coast. I hope everyone is safe, but, there's a good reason I simply never trust the media with my life and limb. They either lie, or they make too many mistakes.

I don't know yet which this was, but it could even have been both.


On Saturday, October 8, 2016 3:05 PM, "Marilyn Sass paws_sassy@yahoo.com [californiadisasters]" <californiadisasters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 


Good Lord!  So true!  TY Kim
Marilyn

 







--


__._,_.___

Posted by: Kim Noyes <kimnoyes@gmail.com>


Be sure to check out our Links Section at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters/links
Please join our Discussion Group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/californiadisasters_discussion/ for topical but extended discussions started here or for less topical but nonetheless relevant messages.





__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment