Wednesday, April 23, 2014

RE: [Geology2] Re: Piece of Africa Found Under Alabama



One problem with the Southeast is that the climate quickly destroys outcrops, so it can be difficult to locate spots worth looking at. The Department of Transportation is a geologist's best friend!  When I was a teenager, I-59 got built in my area, exposing fossiliferous formations from the Ordovician through the upper Mississippian, and looking at those exposures was enough to set me on a career in geology!  I returned 40 years later to find those magnificent exposures now carpeted with thick vegetation!   I support the building of new roads:-)

 

To: geology2@yahoogroups.com
From: allison.ann@att.net
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 04:47:04 -0700
Subject: [Geology2] Re: Piece of Africa Found Under Alabama

 
This whole thread makes me want to jump in the car and go see these places. Fascinating. Half the time I won't know what I am looking at but I sure would have a good time trying. lol. Allison


__._,_.___



__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment